Principal QA Engineer« Back to search
We’re dynacart, home to hundreds of thousands of products from thousands of brands that are available across our worldwide network of B2C websites and B2B platforms.
We’re a global team of super-talented people, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for two decades. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – moving from payments technology into e-commerce websites and B2B platforms.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people and to help businesses and brands to grow online. It means connecting our customers with brands they will love and an outstanding shopping experience.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Principal QA Engineer to join one of our squads within our Digital Customer Experience (DCX) Tribe.
As a Principal, you will explore, develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure our applications are to the quality standard that our customers, colleagues and shareholders expect.
Our Principal QA’s also drive collaboration and in-depth conversation by influencing each squad member to think and build quality into everything we do whilst using modern software development and monitoring techniques.
In our ways of working, we have adopted an agile model. Each squad within the tribe focuses on migrating our website and mobile applications to AWS-based microservices to enhance our Digital Customer Experience.
We are looking for someone who has worked in a similar capacity and proven experience in embedding and driving automation and quality assurance of customer-facing website and mobile applications.
One of our main principles is ‘automation first’. Therefore, we expect you to be well versed in tools and approaches such as shift-left testing and continuous integration/delivery to find the right balance between automated, exploratory, functional and non-functional tests.
You will be a champion for quality and help drive a collaborative approach with squad members and the rest of QA. Contribute in 3 amigo sessions, mobbing/pairing exercises and agile ceremonies. Show a willingness to line-manage, coach and mentor other members by sharing your knowledge and experience.
From a future proof point of view, you will work with the QA Leadership Team to be aware of software industry developments and continually review testing processes and strategies to ensure the squads remain current.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an extremely dynamic tribe, alongside an established and vibrant QA community.
- Proven work experience testing website and mobile applications
- Demonstrable experience in the creation and maintenance of test automation
- Proven experience in line-management duties
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience working with an automated release pipeline using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or similar
- Experience of Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (ATDD, BDD & TDD)
- Experience in functional, non-functional and exploratory testing
- Experience testing microservices and APIs using tools such as Postman or similar
- Experience in leading and influencing teams in their approach to QA
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate a curious, learning and brave approach to work
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is a passionate QA and Test Engineering who is looking for their next career move. If you’re interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams or Jordan Barlow in the talent acquisition team at dynacart or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- US $500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture *currently entire business is working remotely
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes *post-covid
- 25% discount on our dynacart.com clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses *post-covid
- Cycle to work scheme *post-covid
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility